Published: February 22nd, 2016
Categories: Cooking With Cannabis
Today we would like to tell you how to make butter enriched with THC, what tools you will need, and how long it will take you to make some. The butter can be used for all kinds of edibles once it's done, a very handy base to start making your high treats.
We start off most of my recipes for edibles by using cannabis butter. This is cannabis enriched butter filled with THC. We prefer to decarboxylate my THC while infusing it with the butter, We believe this gives it a smoother effect and the risk making it too potent isn't as high; of course, you could still eat too much and feel uncomfortable. This recipe will take you around 2 hours to make, with little preparation but a long waiting period.
Here's what you'll need:
Note: For a decent cannabis-to-butter ratio, you will need about 15g of cannabis per 225g butter.
1. You start off by letting the butter melt in the simmering pan on a medium to low heat.
2. When you have an indication how much liquid is in the pan, you can start adding the trim or buds. Let them be completely submerged but try to fit as many as you can in there.
3. Once it's all one big soup you put it in the pre-heated oven that is set to 110C, and you set an alarm for 110 minutes.
4. Relax, smoke a joint and wait it out until the timer goes off.
5. Take the colander and place it above the bowl. Pour the liquid butter through the colander into the bowl and let it set for about an hour. Then you can put it in the fridge to stiffen up further.
6. Your cannabis butter is now ready! Now you can slice off as much as you need to make some cookies or cake.
As an added tip, you could try blends of different weeds or try to make a pure blood butter from only one kind of cannabis. They will have different tastes and effects; experimentation is the key in this!