Have you ever got a hit at someone’s else house but you were too polite to tell them to clean their bong because the taste was unbelievably horrible? Hopefully not, but if you are one of them or one of your friends is, it’s time to take some notes! If your average cleaning time is every one to three weeks, you are already a good cleaner, but reading this post can show you one or two useful tricks, so stay tuned and keep reading!
How often should you clean your bong? Well, first of all, it depends on your smoking routine; if you enjoy your bong once a day or less, with a good exchange of clean water you will find your pipe resin free for a month or longer. With the use of a straight pipe, the cleaning tasks on your bong are easier and could be carry on more often with no hassle.
Some parts are obviously harder to clean than others, but with enough care throughout the week, you can avoid most of the stains and resin buildup. The easiest way to clean your bong is using a solution of salt and alcohol, following these steps:
- Empty the bong from any smoking water and rinse several times with hot water;
- Cover every hole with towels or cotton balls to prevent the contact with the solution for the next step;
- Let the small pieces soak for enough time in a solution of water and salt.
- Fill the bong up with the cleaning solution and shake it hard enough to make sure that every dark spot comes off;
- Rinse it as much as you need to make sure the alcohol is no longer on any surfaces;
- Fill up with fresh water and enjoy your next hit!
The cleanliness of your bong is one of the most important things about smoking, so keep in mind that the quality of your cleaning products must be your top priority:
- Never use house soap or not specific cleaning solution;
- If you are not an expert ask your trusted retailer;
- You may find handy to swap the rubbing alcohol for mouthwash, to enhance the taste;
- Never add salt to a commercial formula, in most cases it has already its abrasive agent;
- Have your own brushes set for the cleanliness is always the best choice but, in an extreme situation, you can get a brush out of a coat hanger and some paper towels.
Everyone has its method and you will find yours, eventually. Information is always the best choice to build up the confidence with your tools, so keep reading and enjoy your spotless moment of joy!