Published: January 31st, 2017
Categories: Cooking With Cannabis
Banana bread is a tasty, sweet, and extremely versatile snack. So what better way to infuse some cannabis into your cooking than by making a “baked” banana bread loaf! It will have you comfortably buzzing in no time at all!
To help you on your way, we have put together a simple and easy-to-follow recipe. So hit the kitchen, bake your bread, and enjoy the wonders within. If you have never tried it before, you don’t know what you are missing!
Note: This recipe uses cannabis flour – you can find out how to easily make it here.
Servings: 1 (23cm) loaf
Total Time in Kitchen: 1hr 30 mins
You Will Need:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius and coat the inside of your loaf tin with butter.
2. Using a mixing bowl, whisk together the cannabis flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the unsalted butter and sugar. Once mixed, add in the eggs and mashed banana. Continue to whisk until this mix reaches a smooth consistency.
4. Add half of the flour mixture into your banana mix, and stir until thoroughly combined.
5. Add half of the water into the banana mix, and stir until thoroughly combined.
6. Repeat with the remaining flour and water.
7. Once all your ingredients are mixed to an even consistency, pour the mixture into your loaf tin.
8. Place it in the oven to cook. It will be done when the bread begins to pull away from the side of the tin. You can also stick a skewer into the centre, if it comes out clean then the leaf is done. Cooking should take roughly 60-70 minutes.
9. Put the tin on a wire cooling rack. After 10 minutes of cooling, turn the tin out, placing the bread on the rack to cool completely.
Simple! There is nothing about this recipe that is particularly complicated, all you need is time and patience. It is well worth it though, as you will be left with a succulent, moist, and sweet cannabis infused banana loaf ready to enjoy by yourself or with friends.